One day, as Mahatma Ghandi climbed on board a train-
– one of his shoes slipped off and fell to the track below.
As he bent to retrieve it, the train lurched forward and began to move.
Ghandi tried to grab his shoe, but missed.
He stood there for a moment watching his shoe slowly fade into the distance.
Then to the shock of everyone around him-
– he quietly took off his other shoe and threw it so it landed just to the side of the shoe already on the ground.
When asked why in the world he would throw away his other shoe also-
“The poor man who finds the shoe lying on the track will now have a pair he can use.”
Have you ever given something away that you really hadn’t planned to?
Maybe, like Ghandi, it was a possession.
Or did you give your time, your talents, your money?
Your small sacrifices might be huge blessings for someone else.
Perhaps you could-
– drive a friend to a doctor’s appointment,
– invite someone to church, or
– teach a Sunday School class.
There are many opportunities around you where you can be a blessing to others!
Ask the Lord for opportunities where you can be a blessing to others.
And thank Him for the blessings He has given to you.