Why doesn’t God speak directly to us today?
In Biblical times, did God speak to people in a voice they could hear?
– why doesn’t He do it today?
“I’d have a much stronger faith if I only heard His voice speaking to me once in a while”, someone says.
On occasion God did speak audibly to some of His servants in the Bible.
But only rarely.
God gave them an inner conviction of His truth,
– or made His will clear to them through circumstances.
He made His will clear through the written messages He had given in the past.
In other words-
– through the Bible!
Why doesn’t God speak to us today in a voice we can hear?
One reason is-
– because we wouldn’t have any way of knowing whether or not it was God who was speaking to us,
– or if it was a fraud (or even a demon).
This, incidentally, is one reason why we shouldn’t listen to someone-
– who claims to be a messenger from God,
– but rejects the Bible or contradicts its message.
“Watch out that no one deceives you.
For many will come…and will deceive many” (Matthew 24:4-5).
But the other reason God doesn’t speak to us in a voice we can hear is-
– because He doesn’t need to!
God has already told us everything we need to know.
And we find it in the pages of the Bible.
Most of all-
– we know He loves us because He came to earth in the person of His Son, Jesus Christ, who died for us.
Don’t be filled with doubts any longer.
– turn to Jesus Christ and give your life to Him.
Then come to know Him more and more by reading His Word and joining in fellowship with other believers.