“Behold, I am of small account; what shall I answer you? I lay my hand on my mouth” (Job 40:4).
This is a special message!
And it’s one that I didn’t particularly enjoy writing.
– it needs to be said again and again.
This message is to all church-going pretenders out there-
– the ones who look heavenly on Sunday,
– but live like hell Monday through Saturday.
You look good on the outside but when God looks at your inside your heart- it’s a dirty mess!
I’ve got bad news for you!
Jesus hates religious pretense.
But I’ve also got good news also.
He loves the pretenders!
He gave His life for hypocrites like you and me.
The end of being a religious pretenders is-
– to admit our sin that separates us from God;
– then ask Christ’s forgiveness;
– and then believe to be right with God
– is your only hope for change.
And here’s the irony:
When we begin to be more real with God and with others-
– we begin to be more like Jesus!
He’s the only person who has ever lived without any trace of pretense.