May Samuel’s words to the people of his day guide us well:
“As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord by failing to pray for you” (1 Samuel 12:23).
It’s easy to get disillusioned over the complex problems our nation faces-
– not just in politics but in almost every part of our society.
More than ever, we seem to have lost our way.
And millions of young people are growing up without ever learning the difference between right and wrong.
We’re in danger of becoming like the ancient Israelites during the days of the judges-
– when chaos ruled because “every man did that which was right in his own eyes” (Judges 21:25).
Where will we turn for answers?
We need to turn to God!
Only He can change our hearts-
– and turn us away from that which is evil toward that which is good.
It has happened before.
And it can happen again.
But pray and trust God to work in our midst.
The Bible tells us to pray for “all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness” (1 Timothy 2:2).
Pray daily for our nation, that God will turn us back to Himself.
But may it begin in your life-
– as you turn to Christ in repentance and faith,
– and commit your life to Him.