“I urge you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ…to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me” (Romans 15:30).
To be a missionary in today’s world-
One has to separate himself from the I-want-it-now culture we live in.
Results on the mission field can be slow going!
So it’s not uncommon for missionaries to retire having seen but a handful of conversions during their entire career.
This fact is enough to discourage many people-
– from ever becoming full-time missionaries.
But for those who have heard their Divine calling to missions-
– nothing—not even the lack of apparent progress
– or the constant persecution—can keep them from fulfilling their task.
One reason they are able to push on is that-
– they have Christian brothers and sisters faithfully supporting them through prayer.
We should never underestimate the power of our words offered up to God-
– on behalf of the brave souls on the mission field.
God hears those words and grants His workers the ability-
– to remain encouraged and faithful to the cause.
Prayer for our missionaries is tantamount to the work itself!
American missionary Samuel Zwemer once said:
“The history of missions is the history of answered prayer.”
Remember us in your prayers-
– that we grow not weary in well doing!